We are excited to announce an amazing new Daily Diary feature that can be used to input daily diary events for children such as nappy changes, sleep times, meals, etc, and shared with parents. This feature is available on both the websuite and in the app.
Here’s how to create a Daily Diary
From the App:
From the Websuite:
- Create a “Daily Diary” observation
- Click Edit observation details
- Select a diary Tag from the Tags dropdown box
- Use a standard picture such as the one displayed below (right-click to save), or one of your own images to identify daily diaries easily
- Select a Learner
- Set “Parent Share” to YES (see Parent Share Help and Setup at the bottom of this page for more information) parents will receive a notification that there is a new observation to view
- Click Save Changes
- Reopen the daily diary observation
- The diary entry will automatically appear in the Notes field
- Add more dairy entries throughout the day by reopening the daily diary observation and repeating step 2
- To add further information to a diary entry such as what a child had for breakfast and how much they ate simply type this information next to the diary entry within the notes field
- To edit the time of a diary entry simply edit the text within the notes field
Parent Share Setup
There are two ways to set up Parent Share so that you can either share observations with parents manually or instantly.
Turning ON the Parent Share review process allows you to check observations before sharing them with Parents and manually release them at a particular time frame for example at the end of each week, month, term, etc.
Turning OFF the Parent Share review process allows you to instantly share observations with parents at the point they are marked for Parent Share.
You can turn ON/ OFF the Parent Share review process at any time by following the below steps:
- From the Admin area click on the plus icon next to Modules
- Click on the plus icon next to Evidence Me
- Click Parent Share
- Select ON/ OFF
Click HERE to view our Parent Share Help for Parents.