When setting up your Assessment area, you can choose to use the Assessment Assistant or not.
IMPORTANT: The Assessment Assistant is only a guide to assist you in making your manual professional judgements. The assisted judgements need to be reviewed (manually changed if required) and saved in order to count to a learner’s overall judgement.
How the Assessment Assistant works
Each time you open an Assessment the Assistant will set your assessment levels based on the number of observations you have made for the learner up to the end of the selected assessment period using the thresholds that you have set.
- Assistant suggests levels based on your observations each time you open an Assessment period to assist you in making your professional judgements
- Thresholds for the Assistant can be manually set
- Assistant will not change assessments that you have manually modified
- Assistant will not modify imported baseline data
- Hover over an assessment to see if it has been set by the Assistant or by you
- Assistant can be turned on and off in the Assessment setup area
Parameters for Objectives
“The total number of times an objective is included in an observation for a learner.”
Parameters for Categories
The total percentage of coverage of “secured” objectives in the Objective level or category.
This percentage is based on observation coverage.
Coverage is based on the observations covered within this area of the framework. By default coverage only includes observations covered and does not include manually judgements made.
You can, however, change the settings of this feature to include manual judgements by accessing the administration area > Assessment:
PLEASE NOTE: Only Admin users can customise the assessment scheme.
- From the Admin area click on the plus icon next to Modules
- Click on the plus icon next to Evidence Me
- Click on Assessment
- Edit/ modify an existing Assessment Scheme or create a new one
You can edit the following fields:
Name – Judgement labels that appear on your assessment sheets
Description – Description for the name of each judgement
Coverage – Percentage ranges for the assessment assistant – i.e. suggest this judgement if the percentage of unique objectives covered is in this range (relates to using of assessment assistant ONLY)
Number of Observations – How many times does each individual objective need to be covered to be classed as understood i.e. exceeding (relates to coverage flow bar on assessments sheet ONLY)
Colours – Define the colour for each judgement type on the assessment sheet